The 5 Best Compact Binoculars of 2018
When you are out hunting, you probably don’t want to take along a whole lot of things with you, and this includes a big and bulky pair of binoculars. You need to be able to move quickly and quietly with as little gear as possible to ensure nothing holds you back from getting the best shot.
Your binoculars should not only be compact and easy to carry with you on hunting trips; they should also offer excellent visibility, ensuring you can spot the target miles ahead. In this guide and review, we will provide insightful information on some of the best compact binoculars available on the market today.
We also include a handy buyer’s guide that will ensure you know what factors to take into consideration before investing in a new compact binocular set for your hunting adventures.
Aurosports Folding High Powered Binoculars
With the 10x25 magnification lens, you will be able to view game in the night and daytime
SkyGenius Mini Pocket Folding Binoculars
This little number brings with it a 10x50 magnification lens with the option to add a 50 mm objective lens
Wingspan Optics Spectator Compact Binoculars
Durable compact binoculars that will last a lifetime and provide you with crisp and clear visuals while hunting
Bushnell Powerview Compact Folding Roof Prism Binocular
Expect great quality when investing in one of the biggest names in compact binoculars, not to mention value for money
Bushnell H2O Waterproof/Fog proof Compact Roof Prism Binocular
The older brother of the Bushnell Powerview will have you hunting in any kind of weather
1. Aurosports 10x25 Folding High Powered Binoculars
Compact just took on a whole new meaning. The Aurosports 10x25 Folding High Powered Binoculars conveniently fold to a size that can fit in your hand and pocket, and you will be able to use them during the night and daytime.
Hunting in the swamp? Not a problem! These compact binoculars are waterproof, meaning you will be able to use them in any weather conditions without worrying that they might not work or get damaged when wet.
- 10x magnification and 25 mm objective lenses enhance viewing up to ten times, making these binoculars ideal for hunting excursions
- Low-light vision allows you to see when it is a bit darker out.
- Multi-coated lenses make for great waterproof binoculars
- Anti-slip grip ensures you won’t drop the binoculars while hunting and adds to the lifespan and durability of the binoculars
- Crystal clear viewing of game or birds at a distance of up to 1 000 yards
|It can be used during day and night time|
|Durable binoculars that will last a lifetime|
|Might be a bit too small|
|Can be difficult to get the lenses in focus|
2. SkyGenius Mini Pocket Folding Binoculars
Excellent value for money with loads of extra bells and whistles can be expected from the SkyGenius Mini Pocket Folding Binoculars. View game or prey as far as 1 000 yards away with the multi-coated lenses on these powerful binoculars. They are also highly portable, and quickly fold up and can be carried in your pocket during your next hunting expedition.
The multi-coated lenses will also ensure that any distortion is reduced, and you will be able to see crisp and clear images. The outer rubber layer provides a comfortable grip and shock resistance, making these some of the best compact binoculars on the market today.
- The lightweight design enables you to carry your binoculars with you on your hunting trip without any hassle
- Center focus knob allows you to get the lenses in focus for the hunt ahead easily
- Multicoated optics allows you to see crisp and clear images
- Large field view of up to 1 000 yards
- Easy grip with great rubber exterior ensures a product that will last a lifetime
|Perfect for the great outdoors which makes it great for hunting excursions|
|Unparalleled magnification qualities|
|Could be difficult to handle due to its very small size|
|No internal coating|
3. Wingspan Optics Spectator Compact Binoculars
Want to get up close and personal? See the target up to 8x closer than you would otherwise when you choose to buy a Wingspan Optics Spectator Compact Binoculars. The non-slip outer casing ensures your binoculars are geared to survive even in the harshest terrain.
Even though you won’t necessarily need it due to the lightweight and compact nature of the binoculars, your purchase will also include a mesh carry case, lens covers as well as a cleaning cloth. For those hardcore hunters out there, these binoculars can even be mounted on a tripod.
- 8x32 Magnification view makes it perfect for hunting expeditions and will ensure you can see clearly
- Lifetime warranty gives you peace of mind in knowing that the binoculars are durable and you can get your money back if you are not satisfied with your purchase
- Non-slip outer casing ensures you can take it on any hunting trip
- A wide field of view of up to 1 000 yards allows for great viewing while hunting
- Compact and lightweight frame ensures you can easily take them with you on all your hunting trips and expeditions
|Lifetime warranty and full 30-day money back guarantee or replacement option|
|HD-quality vision ensures you see crisp and clear visuals|
|A bit more expensive than other models|
|Not water resistant so you won’t be able to use it in wet conditions|
4. Bushnell Powerview Compact Folding Roof Prism Binocular
Probably one of the biggest brands when it comes to binoculars, the Bushnell Powerview Compact Folding Roof Prism does not disappoint. With multi-coated optics, you can expect the brightest images and the most impressive resolution.
Take it with you on all your hunting trips or when you are just out and about on a hiking trail. The Bushnell compact model has a rubber outer casing that adds to the durability of the product and offers shock-absorbing properties too. You won’t regret getting one of these as your loyal hunting companion.
- Rubber outer casing ensures firm grip while hunting as well as ultimate shock absorption, prolonging the life expectancy of the product
- Limited lifetime warranty gives you peace of mind knowing the binoculars are high-quality
- Roof prism design that ensures fewer bends
- Water and fog resistant means you can use it in any landscape and any weather conditions
- Multi-coated lenses ensure high-resolution images
|Multi-coated lenses to provide crisper images|
|Magnification up to 10x to bring your targets right in front of you|
|Might be a bit difficult to get the lenses in focus|
|The possibility of out of focus viewing|
5. Bushnell H2O Waterproof/ Fog proof Compact Roof Prism Binocular
The Bushnell H2O is a step up from the Powerview in the sense that it is entirely weather and waterproof. This is because the binoculars are O-ring sealed and nitrogen purged, which ensures you get a clear view even in very wet weather.
You also won’t have to worry about the durability or life expectancy of the product. Not only is it compact and easy to carry around on hunting expeditions, but it is also covered in non-slip rubber which affords a tighter grip as well as fantastic shock absorption.
- Non-slip rubber outer casing ensures you can grip the binoculars tightly while viewing your next target
- O-ring sealed and nitrogen purged binoculars mean you will have clearer vision even in the foggiest of places
- Focus adjustment by turning the large focus knob in the center of the binoculars to adjust the focus easily
- Multi-coated lenses ensure high-quality images, vision, and great light transmission
- 12x Magnification enables you to view the target up close and personal
|Crystal clear vision with advanced optic features such as 12x magnification|
|Durable and can last you a lifetime|
|It might be difficult to get the lenses in focus|
|Not completely waterproof and should not be submerged in water|
Sign up for our newsletter today!
To ensure that you receive all the latest and most significant news and reviews on all your hunting gear, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter where you will receive exciting new information right in your inbox.
How to Select the Best Compact Binoculars for our Next Hunting Trip
If you are looking to buy new compact binoculars, but you have no clue what you should look at in a top-rated one, you’ve come to the right place. As professional hunters, we can furnish you with all the essential details one has to look out for when buying new compact binoculars for your hunting excursions.
In our buyer’s guide, we will fill you in on all the aspects and features that you should take into consideration before buying a new pair of binoculars.
What is the Line of Vision?
The Line of vision is of utmost importance, especially when you are going to use your compact binoculars on your hunting expeditions. The line of sight is usually expressed in degrees and indicates the entire area you will be able to view from the binoculars. Ideally, you will need compact binoculars with a high line of vision.
Will my Eyes get Strained?
The general rule for excellent binoculars is that they should not strain your eyes; if they do, they are not entirely living up to their expectation of enabling you to see things in the distance closer. Be sure to buy binoculars that do not put a lot of strain on your eyes, as this could hurt your hunting game.
How Much Does It Weigh?
When looking for the perfect binoculars to carry with you when hunting, you are probably going to look at something lightweight and compact to ensure you don’t have to carry too much around while focusing on loads of other things. Ensure the binoculars you want to buy is not too heavy and easy to store in your pocket.
What is the Magnification?
Probably not one of the key features you will be looking at if you are going to use the binoculars solely for hunting purposes, but, it is still a feature to take note of while browsing. The magnification indicates the times by which an image you are looking at through the binoculars can be magnified and viewed strictly.
What is the Diameter of the Objective Lens?
When it comes to the objective lens dimensions, bigger is always better. The more light entering the binocular, the crisper the image you are viewing. Try to look for compact binoculars with a big objective lens, but ensure that there is a good balance as an increase in the lens size can mean that the binoculars will be bulkier.
What is the Quality of the Lens?
When choosing binoculars for your hunting expeditions, you want to look for high-quality lenses as they will increase the quality of the image you see. We’d advise looking at compact binoculars with multi-coated lenses as this also ensures light is filtered appropriately and that you will still be able to use the binoculars when it is darker.
Is it Waterproof?
If you are looking to buy binoculars for general use, you probably won’t mind if they are waterproof, but if you are looking for something to take along on your hunting or hiking trips, it would be best to buy binoculars that can still function in wet and humid weather conditions.